Do you know the feeling of having forgotten to take your pill, again? It’s not really that hard to take a pill each day, but still, we forget. Perhaps you are one of those people who has trouble taking pills. No matter what keeps you from taking the pill regularily, you end up worrying and waiting anxiously for your period to begin. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Thankfully, there are now other methods for administering the hormone that prevents pregnancy.
Contraception – Easy Birth Control Thanks to the Patch
Talking about birth control is no longer a taboo subject in this country. The pill has been around since 1960 and is taken (and occasionally forgotten) by more than half of the women who wish to avoid getting pregnant. When thinking about alternatives to taking the pill, the IUD, an injection or a contraceptive ring may come to mind. But there are less invasive methods – hormone patches! You can place a patch on any part of your body three times per month and your contraceptive worries are done.
These patches are called transdermal therapeutic systems (TTS) and literally work “through the skin.” They contain the same hormones found in the pill, just the dosing is different. This ensures the uniform release of the hormones over an extended period of time.
The Advantages are obvious:
- Easy and discrete application – you can apply the patch where it cannot be seen by others.
- Extended effectiveness (one patch per week) – so you don`t have to worry about a pill schedule.
- One patch, one week of protection from unwanted pregnancy.
- There is no discomfort that may be associated with taking an oral contrceptive, using an IUD or getting injections.
- Easily reversible – like the pill, you can stop using the pach easily, unlike IUD implants and tubal ligation.
- Increase effectiveness – because the patch may suit your lifestyle better than the pill and because the pill requires you to Keep you to a schedule.
Many women have been using contraception patches for years and have enjoyed a better quality of life by doing so. Being in control of your fertility shouldn’t be a full time Job. The patch allows you to concentrate on other aspects of your life, without constantly worrying about managing your medication. Why don’t you make your life a little easier – it is not hard to do.
Image source: LTS Lohmann Therapy-Systems Corp